Coaching is one of the most powerful evolution instruments. It is a partnership between the coach and the customer. In this partnership, the coach compassionately creates a safe space for the customer to feel understood and heard, so that he or she can set clear objectives, to analyze the present situation and to find the means and resources necessary in order to maximize his or her potential, both professionally and personally. It involves a lot of questions and mirroring, with the help of which the coach challenges the client’s old thinking patterns and limiting beliefs, in order to make room for new perspectives, ideas and supporting beliefs.
The most important thing in the relationship between coach and coachee is the relationship itself. It is very important that the two resonate, so that they can build a relationship based on trust. Trust is crucial because only in its presence people can be open, vulnerable and authentic so that transformation and evolution can occur.
Coaching can help if you are tackling issues such as:
- you are going through an important change in your life and you need support handling it;
- you want to make a change and you want to understand its impact and define clear objectives and actions;
- you want to improve your relationships with your co-workers, your boss or your loved ones;
- you want to take the next step in your career and you need to define exactly what that is and what steps you need to take;
- you want to improve your work performance or some aspects of it and you need to find the right way to do so;
- you are feeling down, unsatisfied, unhappy and you don’t know what to do to change this;
- you want to find your passion, the right career, you mission or purpose;
- you want a happier, more fulfilled life.
As far as team coaching is concerned, it is useful in a lot of situations, among which:
- establishing the team mission and objectives, in a participative way;
- finding out the team values and strengths and establishing ways of working taking them into consideration;
- identifying the team's development stage and finding ways to tackle the challenges;
- identifying and removing blockages that sabotage the team's success and achievements;
- new team members integration;
- dealing with changes that affect the team's work and dynamics;
- handling conflicts inside the team.
Here is a funny way of explaining how coaching works: